2018 Parade Theme
We invite your creativity and enthusiasm in decorating your entries to show your “American Pride.” Whether you are a business, organization, team or another proud member of our community, we know you can let your pride show!
Show Northwest Indiana what you do through your entry. Let everyone know your values and your commitment to making our country the best it can be. Get the word out about your business or organization while proudly displaying the “Red, White and Blue.”
Reminder: Road Closing for Crown Point 4th of July Parade
On July 4, 2017 starting at 12:30 pm Main Street in Crown Point, Indiana will be closed to through traffic from Burrell St (125th Ave) north to Goldsborough St for the parade. All side streets along the Main Street closed area will be closed to through traffic at their intersection with Main Street.
Crown Point 4th of July Parade Rules and Code of Conduct
- To prevent Crowd injuries, no candy can be thrown from a vehicle and nothing can be sprayed from any unit in the parade. Walkers may hand out literature, candy, or miscellaneous items. If any individual chooses to throw candy from a vehicle then they will be financially responsible for any accident caused by such action.
- Nothing may be sold by entries along the parade route.
- Entry numbers obtained from staging area are to be displayed in the FRONT left side of the unit. (Driver’s Side)
- ENTRIES ARE TO KEEP MOVING ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE as much as possible to avoid unnecessary gaps. Vehicle cannot wait on walkers. Walkers must stay moving.
- While guns may be part of the display, they may not be pointed at any person. Participants cannot shoot at the crowd or each other.
- Only units received by the deadline will be judged.
- There will be zero tolerance on use of alcohol by any participants.
- Please dress appropriately.
- No foul Language should be used over the P.A. systems or in song lyrics.
- We require you to have horse bags or a follow-up crew to follow behind any animals walking in the parade.
- Music volume should be kept low in the staging area prior to the parade.
- Please respect the residents and their property along the parade route.
- Please pick up after yourself.
- The Parade Committee Officials, Police and/or EMT’s reserve the right to remove any unit at any time for failure to follow any Parade Rules and Code of Conduct.