2019 Parade Theme
The Crown Point 4th of July Celebration Committee is excited to announce this year’s parade theme:
Cultivating Community, Celebrating New Growth
We invite your creativity and enthusiasm in decorating your entries to show your “American Pride.” Whether you are a business, organization, team or another proud member of our community, we know you can let your pride show!
Show Northwest Indiana what you do through your entry. Let everyone know your values and your commitment to making our country the best it can be. Get the word out about your business or organization while proudly displaying the “Red, White and Blue.”
New this year, we will be awarding engraved wood plaques to the first-place winners in each category. This plaque will have room to display a picture of your entry as well. We encourage everyone who is asking to be judged in the competition to take a group photo with your entry.
Also new this year, the parade will start at Main and Burrell Streets. We have coordinated with the city to provide more viewing space along Main Street as well as ease the congestion for our neighbors during our staging time. We sincerely hope that this will make your 4th of July parade more enjoyable for everyone. Please visit us on-line as we get closer to the parade for staging and traffic information.
Reminder: Road Closing for Crown Point 4th of July Parade
Please plan your travel around Crown Point Accordingly. The heaviest traffic routes that day will be: Court Street, Burrell Street, Indiana Street, 129th Street, and 231.
– All parade entries and participants are to follow the staging traffic flow map to ease congestion. Please visit
for further details.
– Starting at 9:00 am on July 4th, parking is prohibited on Main Street from Goldsborough to Burrell.
– Starting at 12:30 pm, all traffic is prohibited on/or crossing Main Street through the end of the parade from
Goldsborough through Burrell.
— The parade will start at 2:00 pm from the new starting point at the north driveway of Eisenhower Elementary School.
– Fireworks will start at dusk (around 9:00 pm) on the 4th of July. The North Gate (1) as well as the
South Gate (4) will be open to vehicle traffic.
– The West Gate (2) will be open for pedestrian traffic.
– NO PARADE PARKING WILL BE ALLOWED AT FRANCISCAN CROWN POINT HOSPITAL.
We hope everyone will join us in celebrating our nation’s Independence Day! This year’s parade features over
120 entries of the best that Northwest Indiana has to offer.
In coordination with the Mayor’s office and the Office of Special Events, we are pleased to announce more viewing space along Main street south of Taft Middle School. A special thanks to Franciscan Crown Point for the use of their parkways. We hope everyone will enjoy the additional space.
Don’t forget your hats, sun screen, and water.
See you there!
Crown Point 4th of July Celebration Committee
Crown Point 4th of July Parade Rules and Code of Conduct
- To prevent Crowd injuries, no candy can be thrown from a vehicle and nothing can be sprayed from any unit in the parade. Walkers may hand out literature, candy, or miscellaneous items. If any individual chooses to throw candy from a vehicle then they will be financially responsible for any accident caused by such action.
- Nothing may be sold by entries along the parade route.
- Entry numbers obtained from staging area are to be displayed in the FRONT left side of the unit. (Driver’s Side)
- ENTRIES ARE TO KEEP MOVING ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE as much as possible to avoid unnecessary gaps. Vehicle cannot wait on walkers. Walkers must stay moving.
- While guns may be part of the display, they may not be pointed at any person. Participants cannot shoot at the crowd or each other.
- Only units received by the deadline will be judged.
- There will be zero tolerance on use of alcohol by any participants.
- Please dress appropriately.
- No foul Language should be used over the P.A. systems or in song lyrics.
- We require you to have horse bags or a follow-up crew to follow behind any animals walking in the parade.
- Music volume should be kept low in the staging area prior to the parade.
- Please respect the residents and their property along the parade route.
- Please pick up after yourself.
- The Parade Committee Officials, Police and/or EMT’s reserve the right to remove any unit at any time for failure to follow any Parade Rules and Code of Conduct.