The Crown Point 4th of July Celebration Committee is a non-profit organization that is 100% made up of volunteers. Individuals in the community volunteer their time to plan and run the Crown Point 4th of July Parade and Crown Point 4th of July Fireworks Display. The task of planning and running these events is no small feat so there is a constant need for more volunteers.
We strive to always provide Crown Point and the Northwest Indiana area a quality 4th of July Parade for all to enjoy. For the parade to be great and run smoothly, a strong group of volunteers is needed to make that happen. It takes time to plan the parade, make decisions on improvements and/or changes to compensate what is happening each year, work on setting up for the parade, and communicate with other organizations/groups involved with the parade. For parade day, there are many tasks in multiple areas being accomplished to run the parade thus extra volunteers are required so that everything can be handled.
For the Crown Point 4th of July Celebration Committee, there are two types of volunteering opportunities: Committee Member and Parade Day Volunteer. For the types of volunteering, each individual is allowed to choose how active and involved they will be. All we ask is please volunteer as much time and effort you have available, we always work hard to make volunteering with us a fun and enjoyable experience.
- A committee member participates in meeting that happen generally once a month through most of the year.
- They will be responsible in helping make decisions about the Crown Point 4th of July Parade and Fireworks Display.
- In the weeks before the Crown Point 4th of July Parade, there will be extra meetings for setting up for the parade; examples are doing task like folding handout towels and putting together entry packets.
- Members will be the main leading group running the Crown Point 4th of July Parade.
- For the parade, members will be performing task like: directing traffic and parade entries, handling staging areas to prepare for the line-up, driving individuals around in golf carts, handing out items and other tasks.
Parade Day Volunteer
- A parade day volunteer is involved with the Crown Point 4th of July Celebration Committee only on July 4th.
- They will be responsible in helping run the Crown Point 4th of July Parade with performing task like helping parade entries to staging areas, driving individuals to designated locations in golf carts, handing out items and other tasks.
If you have an interest in volunteering or learning more information about volunteering with the Crown Point 4th of July Celebration Committee, here are options for contacting the committee.